Nursing – the combined nursing team boast over 100 years of nursing experience and knowledge between them.
The nurses run clinics for:
- Diabetes support – lifestyle and medication advice
- Cervical smears free with a nurse
- Smoking cessation – to help you reduce or stop smoking
- ACC wound care – GP appointment not always needed
- Sexual health – free for under 19yrs (both nurse and GP consults)
- Cryotherapy (liquid nitrogen) – for warts and some other skin conditions if approved by GP
- Treatment of uncomplicated urine infection – for women between ages 16-65
Click on the following link to find the test centre closest to you:
We have a Health Improvement Practitioner & Health Coach available for free 30 minute appointments.
What is a Health Coach? A Health Coach sees individuals and families offering practical support with long term health conditions, stress and problems of living. She can help you with making changes to improve your health or to live well with any ongoing health conditions.
What is a Health Improvement Practitioner (HIP)? A HIP see individuals and whanau. Any age, any issue causing stress or worry, together we can come up with a plan to start to make things feel better.
To book a free appointment with the Health Coach or HIP, contact Eastcare reception on 03-388-8800 or speak with your GP/Nurse.
Our local Pharmacy
Eastern Pharmacy Aranui
338 Pages Poad
Ph 03 3888700
Open 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday-Friday, 9am-1pm Saturday
This is our local pharmacy and they can book appointments for patients at Eastcare via our messaging system.
You might find the following links helpful:
http://www.healthinfo.org.nz – good quality health information for you and your family – localised to Canterbury
http://www.healthnavigator.org.nz – a national website with good quality health information
http://www.activecanterbury.org.nz/ – The Green Prescription can help you get active. Exercise is good medicine!
https://www.qtopia.org.nz/ – support for rainbow young people